EASY BISCUIT CHICKEN POT PIE
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup of chopped cauliflower
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 regular size can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups (about 1 pound) of cooked, shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 refrigerated package of Pilsbury Grands Biscuits (8 biscuits)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large pan heat your oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, saute the onions, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and peas until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer cooked vegetables to a bowl with the chicken; set aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter to the same pot. When melted, stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and thyme. Allow the sauce to come to a simmer and let it simmer for 1 minute to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Turn off the heat and transfer the vegetables and chicken to the pot, stirring until the filling is well-combined. If the filling is too thick, stir in some extra chicken broth milk.
5. Pour the filling into a 13x9-inch baking dish and bake for 18 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven (keeping the oven on and door closed) and top the filling with 8 biscuits (yes, raw biscuits). Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.